How will The Championship be structured?
- The Championship will be established as a separate legal entity from FFA, the member federations and the AAFC. This entity will:
- establish, conduct and administer the competition for men and women
- hold the rights to all commercial and media properties for the competition
- comply with FIFA and AFC Statutes, including any rules and regulations.
- The members of The Championship will be:
- each participating club will share in a total shareholding of 51%, and
- AAFC which will maintain a shareholding of 49%.
- The AAFC will establish a grant funding program for the development of facilities and related purposes within its NPL member clubs.
- The Board of The Championship will comprise:
- 3 Directors appointed by the AAFC
- 1 Director appointed by the A-League
- 1 Director appointed by the PFA
- 1 Director appointed by the state federations
- 1 Director who will also be an independent Chairman.
- The Board will have a minimum representation of three male and three female members.
- These arrangements will be reflected in the Constitution of The Championship, license agreements between the competition and the participating clubs, and shareholders’ agreements between The Championship, participating clubs and the AAFC.